Re: [higgins-dev] Bandit Higgins Context Providers

BTW, the highest priority for us right now, are 6, 3, and 4 which are
all also kind of intertwined.

Tom

>>> "Tom Doman" <TDoman@xxxxxxxxxx> 8/9/2006 3:41 PM >>>
In Bandit, we have now created a couple of Higgins Context Providers,
one experimental provider which gets identity data from an XML file
and
one JNDI provider which can get it's data from any JNDI source given
proper configuration.  These Higgins Context Provider implementations
access their configuration from Bandit realm (ie. context)
configuration
files expected to be specified through their IMetadata interfaces.
These are only partial implementations but we do have JUnit tests
written which open these contexts, get subjects, and retrieve and spit
out identity information.  Currently, we have a number of issues we
need
to work through to complete at least the "read" parts of our Context
Providers.

1. Nature of the Identity passed to IContext.open() - currently being
discussed on the list.
2. Unique IDs for Joined Digital Subjects - been discussed a bit on
the
list, still open.
3. Representing multi-valued attributes - been discussed a bit on the
list and on the conference calls, still open.  We need to make a
proposal.
4. Filters - massaging and mapping - SPARQL has been proposed on the
list, still open.
5. CUIDs - string vs. XML - been discussed a bit on the list, still
open.
6. Schema - OWL DL - been discussed on the list, information is
available on the wiki, but I think we need some examples to clarify
how
we'd represent something like LDAP schema in OWL.  Even a simple
example
would help.  I think Jim said he's requested an example from Paul.
7. URNs, namespaces - been discussed a bit on the list, some
suggestions were made.  I guess it's still open but I need to make a
proposal based on the feeeback I got on this one.
8. AuthN - currently being discussed on the list.

Tom