[higgins-dev] Nomination of Greg Byrd as a Higgins committer

Greg has 20+ years of software development experience in C, C++, Java, and
Lisp. Significant projects include multiprocessor simulators for research in
parallel computer architecture, and the signaling and key management
software for a high-performance network encryptor. He has led several
research projects in distributed systems, including replicated JavaSpaces,
grid-enabled JavaSpaces, a JavaSpace-based secure collaborative environment,
and policy-driven secure workflow planning for Web Services. He is an
associate professor of electrical and computer engineering at NC State
University, and a Visiting Faculty Architect at IBM.

Over the last months Greg has made very significant contributions to the
Higgins IdAS API design, and will contribute code for the IdAS Registry
service in August.

Higgins Committers please respond to this email with either: +1(yes),
-1(veto), 0(abstain), or a request for more information.  The voting period
is one week. If I don't hear from a given committer within that time, I'll
assume a vote of 0.  If we receive at least three positive votes with no
negative votes, the addition will likely be approved and I'll start the rest
of the process described here http://www.eclipse.org/legal/newcommitter.php.

-Paul

Back to the top