[higgins-dev] [IdAS] IContextFactory.getContexts()

I'm still confused about the meaning of IContextFactory.getContexts().

The current wiki says: "return the set of Context References (URIs) that are currently open and are managed by this provider".

So, a ContextFactory can: (a) keep a list of all created Context instances, and (b) query each to see whether it's open or not. I can see that, but when does a Context get deleted from this list? For a long-running service, this could be a significant memory leak. We could say that close() effectively removes it from the list. Then we need to worry about what happens when a Context is closed twice. And we either notify the ContextFactory of the close, or have the factory remove it the next time it executes getContexts().

I know that my Use Case #5 has the user asking about which Contexts are available. But I just added this because it's something we talked about at some point. Is there a requirement for this? (Note: We can still have "registered" Contexts that are advertised via the IdASRegistry.)

...Greg

Back to the top