RE: [higgins-dev] Constraining a Digital Subject's attributes

Why do we need the notion of "compound" attributes to be part of the model? If an attribute's value is allowed to be any type, then the consumer would discover an attribute's type (I believe this is done using the attribute's identifier).

Building the notion of compound attributes into the model gives the capability brought up in this thread (the parts of the attribute are named, and given the required interfaces could potentially be read with a path-like identifier). But again, any attribute value is free do define ways of doing that anyway.

Jim

>>> "Paul Trevithick" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 5/24/06 3:09 PM >>>
Hmm... have you thought at all yet about how to express the set of
attributes in this "hint" _expression_? Since the attributes can be compound
(complex gaggles of objects), there would need to be a way to refer to not
just "leaf" attributes on a DigitalSubject but also to "branches" of
attributes. You could think of this hint as the description of a subset of
the schema of the Context.