RE: [higgins-dev] JAAS Scenario

My understanding of JAAS is shallow. I think we need to create a LoginContext that sits above Higgins API as a client. Then, we need to create a root context provider impl that uses the JAAS KeyStore. After that things get really fuzzy for me. I pinged one of the Lotus Workspace folks who knows JAAS to ask if he’d help us think this through but I didn’t hear back. I guess in a sense we would be using a JAAS LoginContext to wrap Higgins that in turn contained H-Tags. Must learn JAAS better. I did realize one thing the other day: I think we should add a JAAS LoginContext box to this picture: http://spwiki.editme.com/ArchitectureM4 at a parallel level to “Other RCP Apps”.

So one of the scenarios that comes up is the integration of JAAS with Higgins, so JAAS has the notion of LoginModules, these modules are responsible for creating Subject and Principal objects and maybe Credential objects based upon the authentication. So is the driving force being able to use JAAS to wrapper HTags or something else ?