[higgins-dev] Nomination of Jim Sermersheim as a Higgins committer

I nominate Jim Sermersheim to become a Higgins committer. Both on the
higgins-dev list and off, Jim has made much appreciated his thoughtful
contributions to the Higgins effort.

Jim has a long history as an advocate of identity-related systems and has
sought various avenues to help unify views across systems including his
involvement with early specifications of JNDI, as well as furthering the
definition of the distributed data model and distributed operations for
LDAP.

He has worked in the software industry for seventeen years, and has been
programming (procedural and object-oriented) for fourteen. He has
co-authored one book and authored or co-authored a number of IETF
Internet-Drafts

He has also collaborated with industry peers for over eight years, mainly in
the IETF and OpenGroup organizations, and has fostered a number of
relationships with people who have practical experience and needs aligned
with many Higgins goals.

Higgins committers (Mary, Scott, Ken, Peter, Dmitry, Andy, Valery) please
respond to this email with either:  +1 (approve) -1 (disapprove), or 0
(indifferent), or request for more information.  If I don't hear from a
given committer within two full days, I'll assume a vote of 0.  If we
receive at least three +1 with no -1 the addition will be provisionally
approved and I'll begin the rest of the Eclipse committer election process.

-Paul

Back to the top