[higgins-dev] Alt data model proposal (was Higgins data model)

I divorced it from JNDI to keep the discussion focused on data model rather than interfaces, though JNDI is mentioned a few times as a reference example of an interface.

I did this for two reasons:
1) If it turns out that this (or a very similar) model fits our goals, it may be preferable to adopt it rather than rolling our own.
2) If we decide not to adopt it, we should document good reasons why not - the question will be repeated.

Jim

>>> "Paul Trevithick" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 3/24/06 2:08:01 pm >>>

Task H6-03-24 of the Milestone 0.4 plan (http://spwiki.editme.com/PlanM4) is about "refining the Higgins data model". To support that work we've begun creating listing our goals (http://spwiki.editme.com/DataModelGoalsM4 (this can be linked to from the main Higgins wiki page http://spwiki.editme.com/Higgins).

Let me kick this off with a question:

It has been suggested that instead of creating our own model, we might take a look at using all or some of JNDI. Could someone explain how one best use JNDI to support our notion of "IdFacet Relationships" (see "IdFacet Relationships" (currently item 9,10,11) here: http://spwiki.editme.com/DataModelGoalsM4)?

Back to the top