[higgins-dev] M4 Architecture

Hi Folks, the picture at the URL below has renamed IDAS to Context
Provider Interface.  They might perform the same function, but I feel
that we need to have IDAS with a very thin CPI layer under it for the
context providers to plug into.

I see IDAS as a major Higgins component to be used on back-end services
where we won't need anything above it.  This is where IDAS and Higgins
act as a identity normalization layer.  Having just a CPI there feels
empty.  Even in the M4 picture, we see the top of CPI talking to STS.
Since an STS is not a context provider it should not be talking to that
interface, the top of the CPI should be IDAS.

Do you agree Paul?

Cheers
-Baber

http://spwiki.editme.com/ArchitectureM4