Re: [higgins-dev] Higgins data model

The short answer to the question "how would JNDI represent the notion of IdFacet Relationships" would (I think) be to make them attributes.

Like IdFacets, a JNDI object has attributes. A class of attributes would be used as relationship attributes. The syntax of a relationship attribute would be described to have a field for the target facet (may be defined to have other fields as well). Specific instances of these attributes on a facet could be named differently (i.e. role, parent, affinity, etc.).

This begs another question:

In the M4 goals, IdFacetRelationships seem to be seen as separate from Attributes. Why is this? I mean, why not just have attributes which are themselves relationships?

Jim

>>> "Paul Trevithick" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 3/24/06 2:08:01 pm >>>

Task H6-03-24 of the Milestone 0.4 plan (http://spwiki.editme.com/PlanM4) is about "refining the Higgins data model". To support that work we've begun creating listing our goals (http://spwiki.editme.com/DataModelGoalsM4 (this can be linked to from the main Higgins wiki page http://spwiki.editme.com/Higgins).

Let me kick this off with a question:

It has been suggested that instead of creating our own model, we might take a look at using all or some of JNDI. Could someone explain how one best use JNDI to support our notion of "IdFacet Relationships" (see "IdFacet Relationships" (currently item 9,10,11) here: http://spwiki.editme.com/DataModelGoalsM4)?

Back to the top