[higgins-dev] Terminology question

Hi (hopefully this is an appropriate list for this question),

I'm planning to come up to speed on the Higgins APIs, and am trying to ground myself by going over the Key concepts before I do.

I want to make sure I understand the relationships between a Digital Subject and Digital Identity, and between an Identity Attribute and Claim. Here's what I interpret:

A Digital Subject is the meta information from which Digital Identities are instantiated.
A Digital Subject is made up of Identity Attributes.
Identity Attributes are the meta information from which Claims are instantiated.
A Digital Identity is made up of Claims.

To draw an analogy to X.500 (because I have experience there):
A Digital Subject is like an Object Class (schema definition)
An Identity Attribute is like an Attribute Type (schema definition)
A Digital Identity is like a directory entry
Claims are like attributes on the directory entry.

Is that all correct?

Thanks,

Jim

Back to the top