From: higgins-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:higgins-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Hawkins, Joel
Sent: Friday, September 09, 2005 8:49 AM
To: 'higgins-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx'
Subject: [higgins-dev] Possible Collaboration Point between Higgins and
ALF

Hello Higgins!

My company is looking at contributing to the ALF project, and one of the
areas we're interested in is a single sign-on/authorization capability.
I've
attached the following thread from the ALF-dev list in hopes of sparking
some collaboration between the two teams. From the ALF side, I believe
Higgins is the right way to deliver a SSO/Authorization solution for use
by
disparate tools. The security facet concept appears to be tailor-made,
and
Higgins by all rights should emerge as the solution for dealing with
security within Eclipse. From the Higgins side, I think ALF would
provide a
ready-made delivery vehicle for driving adoption within the Eclipse
community. Would you guys be interested in working aligning our efforts?

Cheer,
Joel Hawkins
Compuware Corporation
joel.hawkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx