From: Adam Haselhuhn <adam.haselhuhn@xxxxxxxxx>
To: mahuaroy@xxxxxxxxx; Hibachi Dev list <hibachi-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Tom Grosman <tom.grosman@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tue, December 7, 2010 9:58:53 AM
Subject: Re: [hibachi-dev] How to compile Hibachi sources

Mahua,

The Hibachi build is controlled by an update site project.  Open the site.xml file in the org.eclipse.hibachi.update project using the Site Manifest Editor.  On the "Site Map" page, expand "Hibachi 0.1.0 (Incubation)" feature, select the "org.eclipse.hibachi.feature (0.1.0)" feature, and press "Build All".  This should create a features folder and a plugins folder in the org.eclipse.hibachi.update project.

To install and test your build, you can either copy the contents of the features and plugins folders to the features and plugins folders for your eclipse installation, or use the Eclipse Update Manager.

It's possible that there is some additional requirement or dependency for the build that I am forgetting, so if you have any problems, let me know.

For your information, the Hibachi project is currently going through termination review, due to lack of participation.  You are welcome to use Hibachi and add your compiler, but Hibachi will likely not be an active project going forward.  This may mean that at some point the Hibachi sources may no longer be available from the Eclipse servers, but you can download and maintain the source yourself instead.

Adam Haselhuhn
Hibachi Project Committer
Atego