[hibachi-dev] Re: Release Review request for the Hibachi project

Hello Tom, Doug, Doug --

It looks like Wednesday, May 21 will NOT work as a date for a review. My apologies for needing to change this. Unfortunately, I can't yet say when the new date will be but I will be in touch as soon as I have more information. Thanks.

Anne Jacko

On Apr 18, 2008, at 10:20 AM, Tom Grosman wrote:
Anne et al.,

That works for us.

Tom

Tom Grosman
grosman@xxxxxxxx
Hibachi Project Lead
+33 1 41 46 19 60

De : Anne Jacko [mailto:emo@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Envoyé : Wednesday, April 16, 2008 10:48 PM
À : grosman@xxxxxxxx
Cc : hibachi-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx; 'Gaff, Doug'; Doug Schaefer
Objet : Re: Release Review request for the Hibachi project

Hi Tom et al,

We could have your Release Review on Wednesday, May 21. We usually have them at 8am PT, but that's the same time as the Board call so if that interferes with someone's attendance, we could have it at 9am PT.

To get you on the schedule we need the Tools PMC approval for the review. Then at least one week before the review (earlier is better) we need your final slides and your approved IP Log. It's a good idea to request the IP Log approval ASAP, since Eclipse Legal has a pretty long queue of work.

Let me know if May 21 will work for you. Thanks.

(Below is the standard info we send to project leads about Release Reviews.)

Anne Jacko

Information for Project Leads about Release Reviews

Before your Release Review call is officially scheduled (and appears on http://www.eclipse.org/projects), we need to have 1) PMC approval for the review (via e-mail to EMO, emo@xxxxxxxxxxx), 2) IP Clearance from Eclipse Legal, and 3) the final version of the review docuware. These items are due at least one week before the review conference call date.

Helpful documents: The section of the Eclipse Development Process document that briefly describes Release Reviews is here: http://www.eclipse.org/projects/dev_process/development_process.php#6_3_3_Release_Review

This document has guidelines and checklists for Release Reviews: http://www.eclipse.org/projects/dev_process/release-review.php.

IP Clearance: This can take some time to complete. We urge you to request the review as soon as possible by sending e-mail to janet.campbell@xxxxxxxxxxx. Please ask Janet to have your review completed at least ten days before your proposed review call date. You may not hold the review without IP clearance.

Review docuware: Many people underestimate the time and effort needed to create the docuware, so please be sure to allow enough time for this task. The "official" due date for the docuware is one week before the review call (T - one week). However, the docuware needs to be reviewed by the EMO before posting. If you wait until the due date to submit the first draft and the EMO requests changes, then you'll probably miss your deadline and your review will be postponed. We strongly suggest this timeline for submitting docuware:

T - two weeks: submit first draft via e-mail to EMO

T - 10 days: submit final draft

T - one week (due date): EMO posts final version on website before announcing review call

Please note that that we need both a vendor-neutral format file (PDF) and the source format that you used to create it; we archive both versions.

Many projects overlook these items when they do their first draft:

• page (slide) numbers • copyright notice • EPL notice • IP Log URL