[henshin-user] How to best debug an inexectuable transformation?

Dear Henshin developers,

I am new to using Henshin and still struggeling to get a simple
transformation (in fact: a "match-only rule") running.
I suspect that it could be a simliar issue as reported in
https://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/henshin-user/msg00036.html .
Therefore, I would like to debug the transformation process (Java-code level
is fine!).

Is there a simple way to install the source code such that I can debug the
transformation process?
Is there another way of executing the transformation that gives me, e.g., a
status report/a partial match/...?

Best,
Roland