Re: [henshin-user] LHS Match takes very long.

Hi Jürgen,

thanks for your interesting question, for convenience I'm attaching a screenshot of your rules.

The answer is yes, this behavior is expected here. The "find" rule is an example of a Performance Bad Smell called "LHS not connected" [1]. The matcher basically computes all possible combinations of A and B nodes (25000000 in your example), which can take pretty long. A more efficient strategy of handling such situations might be possible, but we currently fall short of providing one.

[1] See page 4 in https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/1d11/051c5fa03749ae51b488b6e9fe3ad131e916.pdf

Kind regards,
Daniel