[henshin-dev] Project settings in .gitignore

Hi everyone,

while preparing the release, we noticed that our global ".gitignore" file contains an entry for the project-specific ".settings/" folders. These folders generally contain a file "org.eclipse.jdt.core.prefs" with project-specific settings for the Java compiler.

We plan to remove the entry from the .ignore file.  With this, we want to address a certain class of issues (related to API access restrictions), which lead to error messages despite not causing any actual problems. To avoid them being shown them as errors, we need to change a certain project-specific setting and to share the new settings with the other developers.

If anybody sees a point in keeping the ".settings" directories in .gitignore, this is your chance to shout.

Best regards,
Daniel

--
Dr. Daniel Strüber
Postdoctoral Researcher

Chalmers | University of Gothenburg, Sweden
http://danielstrueber.de/

Back to the top