Re: [henshin-dev] References to outside elements

Hi Johannes,

generally, you don't need to specify all elements of an input model - in fact, doing so would very much contradict the idea of rules, which are meant to be applicable to many different input models. At its core, a rule specifies (i) a pattern that is matched against (possibly much larger) input models, and (ii) some change actions to modify these models if a match was found.

Your use-case of generating rules from a UML model sounds like a very specialized use of rules. I think we could help you better if you could describe the context and purpose of your example rule in more detail.

Best regards,
Daniel