Re: [henshin-dev] Exported Packages in org.eclipse.emf.henshin.model

Hi Jürgen,

instead of reimplementing the methods again, ideally the generated implementation classes should inherit from Henshin's NodeImpl class. If EMF does not do this automatically, you can try to use the @extends tag in the user doc section of your generated implementation classes. Usually this is used for adding interfaces, but maybe it works also for superclasses. I did not find much information about it, you can take a look at https://www.faktorzehn.org/de/en/dokumentation/manuelle-anpassungen-des-generieten-codes/ or the EMF book.

If the extends tag does not work, you could use a custom EMF template to generate it in this way.

If this also doesn't work, you need to reimplement the methods I guess, as you are doing it now. I added the actions package to the exports. You can pull the latest sources from git or fetch a nightly build. For reference, here is the corresponding Gerrit change: https://git.eclipse.org/r/#/c/53760/

Cheers,
Christian

Hi Christian,

so I made a model which has some classes that inherit from a Henshin node.

When I generate the model into Java then I have some unimplemented methods.
e.g.: public Action getAction()

My first implementation of these methods is just a copy from the
implemented methods within the henshin model.

The above mentioned method uses
NodeActionHelper.INSTANCE.getAction(this); for the body. This class is
within the org.eclipse.emf.henshin.model.actions package which is not
exported from the Henshin manifest file.

So I get the following error:
Access restriction: The method
'GenericActionHelper<Node,Rule>.getAction(Node)' is not API (restriction
on required project 'org.eclipse.emf.henshin.model')

Greets,
Jürgen

Dipl.-Ing. Jürgen Freund
Arbeitsgruppe Ähnlichkeitsmechanik

Telefon: +49 (0)711 685 69530
E-Mail:  freund@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Postadresse:
Universität Stuttgart
Institut für Statik und Dynamik der Luft- und Raumfahrtkonstruktionen
Pfaffenwaldring 27 - Zimmer 01.002
70569 Stuttgart