Re: [henshin-dev] Matching

Hi Thorsten,

the rules should be designed in such a way that a match is not applicable anymore after the rule application. Otherwise the loop won't terminate in your set up. By default, the pattern matcher is deterministic. You can change this behavior programmatically by setting the option Engine.OPTION_DETERMINISTIC = false.

Cheers,
Christian

Hi.

I have a question regarding the matching algorithm in Henshin. Here my Scenario:

4 rules within an independent unit, the independent unit is within a loop unit (this models a layered execution until no rule is matched anymore). However, when running the loop, a rule is always matched on the same nodes, i.e., there is really no non-determinism in the matching.

I also registered that the matched nodes are those which are created last by a rule executed just before the loop.

Any reasons/solutions for this?

Regards,
Thorsten
--
Dipl.-Inf. Thorsten Arendt, Dr. rer. nat.
Philipps-Universität Marburg