[henshin-dev] Debugging dangling edges

Hi,

This is a problem I am running into constantly when transforming models conforming to large and complex metamodels (e.g. UML): when deleting a model element, a dangling edge appears in the target model, and the transformation fails (assuming that the Check Dangling Edges flag is set to true).

Because of the size of UML, it often takes me a long time to figure out exactly which dangling edge I have created, so that I can explicitly delete it in my transformation. Is there any way to get this information from Henshin? Getting the name of the offending EReference would be sufficient.

Cheers,

Vlad

Vlad Acretoaie

PhD student

DTU Compute

Technical University of Denmark

Department of Applied Mathematics and Computer Science

Matematiktorvet

Building 303B, Room 055

DK - 2800 Kgs. Lyngby

Denmark