Re: [henshin-dev] Programmatically executing out-place transformations

Hi Vlad,

in the InterpreterUtil class there is a method called applyToResource (see links below). It collects all new root objects and adds them to the resource. It does not remove the input model though (unless you do this in your transformation). You could copy the content of your transformed input resource to the resource of the output file and save it. In this step you could also do some filtering. So it would be something like this:

Resource input = ...
InterpreterUtil.applyToResource(unit, engine, input);

Resource output = ...
output.addAll(input.getContents()); <-- filter here if needed
output.save(null);

Best regards,
Christian

I would like to invoke a Henshin transformation programmatically and save the target model in a different file than the source model (i.e. I would like my transformation to be out-place). So far I was able to do this as follows, using the “ePackage” output parameter  of my transformation:

UnitApplication application = new UnitApplicationImpl(engine, graph, unit, null);

application.execute(null);

EPackage result = (EPackage) application.getResultParameterValue("ePackage");

resourceSet.saveEObject(result, "target.ecore");

So my question is: Is there a way of executing an out-place transformation without depending on the existence of an appropriate output parameter of the transformation? I would like to simply save the entire target model, regardless if the transformation has any parameters or not. I suspect this is possible, since the Henshin Eclipse plug-in is able to do it when executing transformations using the GUI.

Cheers,

Vlad

Vlad Acretoaie

PhD student

DTU Compute

Technical University of Denmark

Department of Applied Mathematics and Computer Science

Matematiktorvet

Building 303B, Room 055

DK - 2800 Kgs. Lyngby

Denmark