[henshin-dev] Updates for the graphical editor

Hi,

I found some time today to work on the graphical editor. The problem with the edge creation should be fixed now. Also I fixed a problem related to improper refresh of the views.

I also added a new feature to the editor. The editor now remembers the last used action and the last palette tool. That means if you want to create 5 nodes of the same type and the same action, you basically just need 5 clicks now (instead of 10 + action changes). It also works for the Node and the Edge tool. To disable the palette tool again, just click on an area where the tool does not work or select another tool in the palette. I think that this new style of editing saves a lot of time -- you can create very complex rules with application conditions and nested multi-rules really quickly. I takes a little time to get used to it, but in the end I think it is a much more powerful way of editing diagrams. If you have time, try it out yourself (using the nightly build). I am keen to hear your opinion.

Cheers,
Christian

Back to the top