[henshin-dev] Profiling support and match finder optimizations

Hi,

I added an application monitor implementation that measures the time need to execute rules and that generates some statistics. This is very nice for profiling transformations.

I used it already for profiling a transformation of one of our Master students. Based on his example, I was able to add a tweak to the match finder which in certain scenarios increases the performance by an order of magnitude. Basically, I sort the nodes in a LHS (technically the variables in the match finder) based on the size of their domains, such that the nodes with the smallest domains are matched first. As I said, this can make a huge difference in the performance.

Cheers,
Christian

Back to the top