Re: [henshin-dev] Interpreter API draft

Everything sounds reasonable.

Keep on the good work! I will re-join when my dissertation has been finished. Until that, I am afraid I can solely give needless comments ;-)

Am 30.04.2012 23:43, schrieb Christian Krause:
Hi,

I created a first draft for the new API -- see the attached interfaces. We should now discuss the details and design decisions. I'm keen to hear your ideas :).

A few comments up-front:

- all classes are meant to be reusable (for multiple executions)
- all objects are supposed to be created using a factory
- the engine has 2 jobs now: (1) find matches, (2) create a model changes
- options are directly stored in the engine (no TransformationOption class)
- the engine internally keeps the reference to the _javascript_ engine (the reason for keeping the engine separately)
- matches are computed on-the-fly in an iterator
- for applying a rule either a partial match (e.g. an empty one) or a complete match can be specified. Partial matches are completed automatically if no complete match is defined explicitly.

If you don't understand something, please ask. The API should be powerful, user-friendly, minimal and allow to build efficient implementations.

Please make suggestions for (and *briefly* say why):

- Names of interfaces / methods etc.
- Functionality that you think should be moved, added, deleted,
- Any other ideas you have ;)

Cheers,
Christian