[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [henshin-dev] Loading UML-Models into Henshin
- From: Christian Krause <henshin.ck@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 21:07:51 +0100
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=message-id:date:from:user-agent:mime-version:to:subject:references :in-reply-to:content-type:content-transfer-encoding; bh=G2dOCEpMGYZYL7ysrXtuW5+EzkWH23kz9j6dnDaz3/4=; b=hKoXuxUN/wXw9GtK9PC4+QkMDvlo7BOuzlvsOW8lDGh+6F7PXco/z3AESKUVfhTvAz 4MfbMQ2TRjMbCNCHR/wejQ8sczAlImRDdaX+gyy10XMTL/E1NMShJiKPsjZdBpROgpUm jkztTLCTWA5jrZxqqKduQSh4Gnfuyafpc3Lz8cICxLf7jpdpxdw4Tx/uBVdZOtLm8IyJ F3ypZLEL1RqPBjlfE57LI8S/eTeJx5WT7ceew1Sn+mINxzY32duuZxv7A5eJPyhcIo88 4j/lWeCQdWw8WFicmrT2MURWABHBY7UiGrMLmfmVmTMf6p6QSwxLcIwD0B2CGay0PPXa YHYg==
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686; rv:10.0.2) Gecko/20120216 Thunderbird/10.0.2
the UML2 tools in Eclipse are based on a UML2 metamodel defined in EMF.
That means, the UML metaclasses are defined in an Ecore file. You can
load this model in Henshin and define transformation for it. Just click
"Import Packages -> From registry" and enter "*uml" and choose the last URI.
Unforunately, this is not what you want. What you will get is that you
will see the UML2 metaclasses in the palette in the graphical editor and
you will be able to define a transformation on that meta-level. Then
you could apply the transformation to a *.uml model and transform this
What you want is one level down. You want to import packages from *.uml
models and transform instances over these UML models. I am afraid, this
is currently not possible with Henshin.
Generating an Ecore file from a UML could work. I have never tried it,
but you could experiment with the model import facilities in EMF. For
that, open the "New..." wizard and select "Eclipse Modeling Framework ->
EMF Project" and try out the UML model importer.
If this does not work, you could in principle also define a Henshin
transformation to convert UML models to Ecore models (should be a fairly
simple one-to-one transformation).
Hope that helps.
On 03/13/2012 05:22 PM, Max Mustermann wrote:
I would like to use the Henshin-Editor just for creating
transformation rules visually. I wondered if I could be possible to
load UML models instead of Ecore models. I thought this could be
possible because the UML models from org.eclipse.uml2.uml are
described in Ecore. So I created an action to import .uml files but
then I couldn't assign a UML type to a henshin node.
My question: is there a way to use a UML model as a meta model in
henshin? I don't want to make any changes to the henshin ecore model
or its sources (only by using inheritance/extension points)
If this is not possible I think it could be an approach to transform a
UML model to a Ecore model before loading it into Henshin.
henshin-dev mailing list