[henshin-dev] Loading UML-Models into Henshin

Hi,

I would like to use the Henshin-Editor just for creating transformation rules visually. I wondered if I could be possible to load UML models instead of Ecore models. I thought this could be possible because the UML models from org.eclipse.uml2.uml are described in Ecore. So I created an action to import .uml files but then I couldn't assign a UML type to a henshin node.

My question: is there a way to use a UML model as a meta model in henshin? I don't want to make any changes to the henshin ecore model or its sources (only by using inheritance/extension points)

If this is not possible I think it could be an approach to transform a UML model to a Ecore model before loading it into Henshin.

Simon

Back to the top