[henshin-dev] issue running Ecore2Genmodel example and question about documentation

Hello,
I am wondering if there are any known issues with the Ecore2Genmodel
example? I can run the other ones, but this one does not seem to run
completely.

I installed Henshin SDK v0.6.0.I201009090000 into a fresh Eclipse 3.6
SR1 (Modeling Tools) environment.

After calling unitApp1.execute() (Ecore2GenmodelTrafo.java:90), the
genModel parameter is null. Then I get the following exception when it
tries to save the genmodel file:

---
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: The 'no
null' constraint is violated
	at
org.eclipse.emf.common.util.AbstractEList.add(AbstractEList.java:307)
	at
org.eclipse.emf.henshin.examples.ecore2genmodel.Ecore2GenmodelTrafo.saveGenModel(Ecore2GenmodelTrafo.java:131)
	at
org.eclipse.emf.henshin.examples.ecore2genmodel.Ecore2GenmodelTrafo.generateEcore2Genmodel(Ecore2GenmodelTrafo.java:113)
	at
org.eclipse.emf.henshin.examples.ecore2genmodel.Ecore2GenmodelTrafo.main(Ecore2GenmodelTrafo.java:172)
---

I am also wondering how Ecore2Genmodel.henshin was developed -- was it
created entirely in the EMF tree editor?

Finally, is there any documentation about the classes in the henshin
metamodel, apart from the articles in the wiki?

Regards,
Eyrak Paen

Master's Student
Queen's University School of Computing