[henshin-dev] questions on: trace model, static analysis and the graphical editor

Hi,

First of all, thanks for henshin, it is a great model transformation tool.

1.) Does henshin produce a trace model (similar to qvt) or are there
some framework functions that can help me build one?
Background: I have a number of transformation rules that are executed
on an source model. In the target model I would like to point at a
certain model element and find out which transformation rule has
created it. A trace model could help me find out.

2.) On the homepage I read that static analysis of the transformation
is one of the selling points of henshin. Are there already library
functions available for static analysis?

3.) The graphical editor apparently has a check to allow only edges
between model elements, which have a defined relationship in the ecore
metamodel. However, this check does not take inheritance into
consideration. Example: EClass A has a EReference named b to EClass B,
EClass C inherits from A. According to the inheritance rules, every C
should have a reference to B. However, the graphical editor does not
allow me to draw an edge between C and B.

Thanks,
Matt

Back to the top