Re: [gyrex-dev] Move Gyrex project to GitHub

Nice Thx! We will go to work soon!

Am 26.09.2016 um 13:53 schrieb Gunnar Wagenknecht:
Progress can be tracked here:

--
Gunnar Wagenknecht
gunnar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, http://guw.io/

On 13 Sep 2016, at 14:48, Andreas Mihm <Andreas.Mihm@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Sounds good,
+1 from me,

~Andreas

Von: gyrex-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:gyrex-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] Im Auftrag von Gunnar Wagenknecht
Gesendet: Dienstag, 13. September 2016 14:20
An: Gyrex project developer mailing list
Betreff: Re: [gyrex-dev] Move Gyrex project to GitHub

No. I like the idea. I'll bring it up to the PMC.

-Gunnar

--
Gunnar Wagenknecht
gunnar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, http://guw.io/

On 12 Sep 2016, at 15:00, Jürgen Albert <j.albert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

In the recent months the Project had kind of a standstill and we like to trigger some new developments. To do so, I'd like to suggest to move the Project to github. What would be the benefit of this:

* Gerrit and parts of the eclipse infrastructure are are kind of a hurdle for new developers
* Github allows forks of the Project and allows changes to be easily merged back via pull requests
* a more modern UI to do it
* github is widely used in many different open source projects
* we could use the github wiki and issue tracking to of github to have a single point of truth
* maybe the github CI can be used as well

Do you see any cons for this suggestion? If not, what needs to be done to initialize a move? Should I file a Issue for this?

Jürgen.

--
Jürgen Albert
Geschäftsführer