Re: [gyrex-dev] JettyConnectors in PRODUCTION Mode

Hi Jürgen,

In general the production mode is explicit when it comes to configuration. Nothing is started or activated by default. Everything has to be configured.

As Andreas wrote, in production mode no server roles are activated by default. A node has to be configured to actually start/activate the Jetty server. This can be done using the “-roles” argument as Andreas described or by tagging a node. In addition to that, the port/connector needs to explicitly configured in the Admin Console. If only http is required, you can also trigger the creation of a connector using the system property ‘org.osgi.service.http.port’ in the config.ini or as a launcher argument.

Andreas/Jürgen, I’d appreciate if you can take a first stab of bringing this into the wiki. I realized today that you aren’t the first ones that stumbled upon this.

-Gunnar