[gyrex-dev] Release Plans and Java 8

Hi,

I’ve created two new releases in the project portal:
https://projects.eclipse.org/projects/rt.gyrex/documentation

1.5 is currently planned for participation in Mars.
1.4 is the release for EclipseCon.

Note, the versions are currently just placeholders. I’m thinking whether one of those should be a major release, i.e. version 2.0. The reason is that I’d like to move up to Java 8. I wonder if that can happen for the 1.4 release or needs to wait for the 1.5 release. Also, I’d like to drop support for Java 7 when moving up to Java 8. Java 7 support continues to be available via the service release branch.

Please comment on the proposal!

-Gunnar

--
Gunnar Wagenknecht