Re: [gyrex-dev] application hierarchy

Am 05.12.2012 19:49, schrieb Cristiano Gavião:
Studying a bit more I could note that some applications do not extends
BaseApplication as JettyEngineApplication class. any reason for that ?

Just historical reasons. The BaseApplication was created later (refactored out from others for re-usability). JettyEngineApplication hasn't migrated yet.

When should or shouldn't I extend BaseApplication ? my goal for today is
to create an application and roles for a JBPM and Drools engine.

It's not API but if you find it useful then feel free to. :)

FWIW, have a look at EmbeddedSolrServerApplication it's a much simpler approach using EXIT_ASYNC_RESULT. This basically avoids all the synchronization stuff, etc.

-Gunnar

--
Gunnar Wagenknecht
gunnar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx