[graphiti-dev] ImageProviders

  Hi all,

  I was reviewing bug 366452, and ran into a rather unexpected behavior regarding ImageProviders. Once an ImageProvider is created, its images are available for all the graphiti diagrams, there's no real link to its DiagramTypeProvider.

  Changing this behavior would imply adding a parameter to the ImageService methods, and potentially several changes in order to make the providerId available everywhere these methods are called, which may or not be feasible.

  Not changing it, on the other hand, can provoke conflicts when several graphiti diagrams are used in the same eclipse instance.

  Besides, there may be some strange behaviors for dtp's that don't explicitly define PlatformImageProvider, since it's currently always available, and used for some stock icons (i.e., delete).

  All in all, I'd like to hear from you on how to approach this, whether to change the code, change the documentation, or (hopefully) a smarter move I can't see right now.

  Regards,
Félix

Back to the top