[golo-dev] JDK 14 - Early Access build 19 is available

Hi Julien,

OpenJDK builds  - JDK 14 - Early Access build 19 is available at http://jdk.java.net/14/

These early-access, open-source builds are provided under the GNU General Public License, version 2, with the Classpath Exception.
  • JEPs targeted to JDK 14, so far
  • I want to draw your attention to some notable changes in previous builds of JDK 14.
    • Build 14 - Classes are now loaded and linked by Class.forName() (JDK-8212117)
      • we need help testing changes to 3-arg Class.forName method. The method has always been specified to link the class but the implementation has historically not done this when invoked with the "initialize" parameter set to false. The bug has been fixed in JDK 14 but it has the potential to change the behavior of code that uses Class.forName to load classes that cannot be linked.

  • Changes in this build

Openjdk Builds - JDK 13.0.1 General Availability - https://jdk.java.net/13/

These early-access, open-source builds are provided under the GNU General Public License, version 2, with the Classpath Exception.

Crypto roadmap updated    -  https://www.java.com/en/jre-jdk-cryptoroadmap.html

Targeted Date(2) Targeted Release(s) Algorithm/Protocol Action How to test/enable change Change Log
2019-10-15 13, 11, 8, 7 ECC on TLS Disable non-NIST Suite B EC curves (sect283k1, sect283r1, sect409k1, sect409r1, sect571k1, sect571r1, secp256k1) when negotiating TLS sessions Disabling non-NIST Suite B EC curves when negotiating TLS sessions 2019-10-08 Announced.

Rgds,Rory

--
Rgds, Rory O'Donnell
Quality Engineering Manager