[golo-dev] Golo and logical operators + Input/Output streams

Hello,

For fun I'm creating a small application in Golo. It aims to write a
file for an obsolete 1987 binary 16-bit DOS sequencer format. Don't ask,
I have weird hobbies ;-)

I had to write the binary file reading and writing in Java, as I could
not find a way to get DataInputStream to work with Byte[] arrays
(created by the newTypedArray function) and I believe Golo does not have
the logical operators, like AND/OR and bit-shifting that were required.
It was not a problem, the Java classes are working very well in my Golo
project, but I thought I should still mention it here.

If I'm right, perhaps it would be an idea to have some wrapper functions
for logical operators in the standard library of Golo? For IoT projects
this would be useful I think.  I can imagine it's not easy to implement
as everything is an Object in Golo, I'll experiment with it and see what
happens.

About the I/O streams, Perhaps I should create a Golo-friendly classes
that wraps some common Java input/output streams and make them available
on GitHub for others. I'd love to contribute stuff, I'm really liking
Golo's simplicity a lot.

Regards,
Vincent

Back to the top