Re: [golo-dev] JDK 9 EA Build 151 is available on java.net

Hi Rory,

At this stage we are like many frameworks and libraries impacted by
the new restrictions on setAccessible() and the introduction of
Jigsaw.

One of our sample does dynamic class generation, and it fails because of that:

$ bin/golo golo --files samples/adapters.golo
>>> list_sample()
Exception in thread "main"
java.lang.reflect.InaccessibleObjectException: Unable to make
protected final java.lang.Class
java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(java.lang.String,byte[],int,int)
throws java.lang.ClassFormatError accessible: module java.base does
not "opens java.lang" to unnamed module @60dcc9fe
at java.base/java.lang.reflect.AccessibleObject.checkCanSetAccessible(AccessibleObject.java:207)
at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.checkCanSetAccessible(Method.java:192)
at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.setAccessible(Method.java:186)
at org.eclipse.golo.runtime.adapters.JavaBytecodeAdapterGenerator.generateIntoDefinitionClassloader(JavaBytecodeAdapterGenerator.java:78)
at gololang.AdapterFabric.maker(AdapterFabric.java:159)
at java.base/java.lang.invoke.MethodHandle.invokeWithArguments(MethodHandle.java:637)
at org.eclipse.golo.runtime.MethodInvocationSupport.fallback(MethodInvocationSupport.java:282)
at samples.Adapters.list_sample(adapters.golo:28)
at java.base/java.lang.invoke.MethodHandle.invokeWithArguments(MethodHandle.java:637)
at org.eclipse.golo.runtime.FunctionCallSupport.fallback(FunctionCallSupport.java:196)
at samples.Adapters.main(adapters.golo:58)
at org.eclipse.golo.cli.command.spi.CliCommand.callRun(CliCommand.java:40)
at org.eclipse.golo.cli.command.GoloGoloCommand.execute(GoloGoloCommand.java:55)
at org.eclipse.golo.cli.Main.main(Main.java:66)

Java long had an history of never breaking backwards compatibility,
it's a shame, really.

BTW we use the latest version of Gradle to build, and Gradle also
fails to run on that JDK 9 EA.

- Julien