RE: [gmt-dev] GMT 0.1 meta-model

Hi Mark

>> W.R.T. the wiki, I notice a GCore but little detail. Can you identify

>> what is the likely difference between GCore and OMELET?

>Where can we find details about OMELET do identify differences?

http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/indextech.cgi/~checkout~/omelet-home/doc/
omelet-overview.pdf

It's slightly out of date wrt OMELET 0.0.1, but the general structure
is the same. Now that time distractions such as getting married are
past, I may well use EMF to auto-generate some of it, as well as
supporting the internals of EMF as transformations.

It seems that GMT and OMELET separated because of confusion over
the alternate views, good quality usability (GMT) and
good quality integration (OMELET). Both are necessary and
GMT is discovering a need for some low level stuff behind the scenes.
GMT could provide good work-flow oriented interfaces with OMELET
providing the underlying transformation integration and ATL and ...
providing transformation capability and whatever providing the
transformations themselves, with EMF and XSD and UML2 ... providing
the modelling.

	Regards

		Ed Willink

Back to the top