Re: [gmt-dev] evolving GMT in a fully open process that allows others to join the effort

Hi Ghica,

> You may have concerns about the terminology of a new tool we are
proposing,
> this is not finalized at all.

We can also use

(a) OBJECT
(b) ASSOCIATION
(c) ROLE
(d) PACKAGE
(e) PROPERTY

- or whatever ;-) In any case 5 is the maximum number of model elements that
we need in the tool model.
Regardless of what terminology we use, with the basic model outlined, we can
bootstrap any model: MOF, UML, you name it - if we want to.

I want to be able to churn out arbitrary meta models for DSLs with as little
fuss as possible.

Jorn

Jorn Bettin
jorn.bettin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.softmetaware.com
Tel  +64 9 372 3073 | Mobile +64 27 448 3507 | Fax +64 9 372 3534

Back to the top