Re: [gmt-dev] evolving GMT in a fully open process that allows others to join the effort

Hi

> Evolving FUUT-je by no means implies to exclude other tools like
> architectureware generator.

I know...

> The idea was (is) to set up a workflow environment where tools could
> participate in the workflow of doing model driven development. So far, I
> have downloaded the architectureware generator tool twice, and twice I
could
> not figure out how to start. I am pretty sure that other people have the
> same problem with FUUT-je.

Never used FUUT-je, but I surely know that the most important
thing missing from architectureware is a quick start, step by step
tutorial. Maybe I find the time someday...

> The major problem we face is that using open-source tools is hard because
> the installation procedures may not be very straightforward and the
> documentation may be lacking. To convince me to start on a tool, it must
> promise me considerable rewards. Therefore I do use Eclipse, Java, Apache,
> Xerces, PHP, MySQL and a few others. Many things I just download, and if I
> do not understand what it is about in 5 minutes, I will forget about it. I
> think we have a chicken-and-egg problem here.

Sure, I use the very same approach. Maybe I'll find the time...!

Markus

Markus Völter
mailto:voelter@xxxxxxx

voelter - ingenieurbüro für softwaretechnologie
Ziegelaecker 11, 89520 Heidenheim, Germany
Tel. +49 (0) 73 21 / 97 33 44

http://www.voelter.de