Re: [gmt-dev] JavaCC for textual DSLs and integration with code generator

> My personal preference is for meta-models to be drawn graphically and then
> all their derivates generated by transformations.

Good principle... however, how do you generate
literals and other stuff related to parsing concrete
syntax?

> I also have a strong preference to CUP rather than JavaCC, since I regard
LL
> parsers as a step back into the dark ages in comparison to the benefits of
LALR that
> bison and yacc made standard. Having written two JavaCC parsers and
rewritten in CUP,
> I can accept that JavaCC is much friendlier, but it just doesn't cut it
for
> non-trivial grammars and error recovery.

that may be true. I am not an expert in this area.
However, based on the fact that *I* could be
productive with it meant to me that it was use-
ful and easily understandable :-) So I thought
it would be useful for others, too.

Markus

PS: To all: Please let me know, if it is ok to discuss
peripheral issues related to MDD/MDA tools that
are not *directly* related to the core development
of GMT.

Markus Völter
mailto:voelter@xxxxxxx

voelter - ingenieurbüro für softwaretechnologie
Ziegelaecker 11, 89520 Heidenheim, Germany
Tel. +49 (0) 73 21 / 97 33 44

http://www.voelter.de