Re: [gmf-dev] Tycho build for GMF-Runtime

On 10/11/2011 14:10, Aurélien Pupier wrote:
Hi,

I'm currently trying to have a Tycho build for GMF-Runtime. I really think it is important to have an easier build and a way to play tests easily.
I created a job on hudson.eclipse.orghttps://hudson.eclipse.org/hudson/view/Modeling/job/tycho-gmp.gmf.runtime/ COmmitters, if you want to participate I can give you rights of modification on it.
Great news!

The job is in failed state because there are 3 failed tests.
Do you know how to configure it in order to continue tests on other plugins when there is a test failure and how to have UNSTABLE state of Hudson job instead of Test failure?
For SWTBot Tycho build (see my github master branch), even when some tests fail, the next modules are built and tested. There might be something magic, but I am not aware of what. You should compare with the SWTBot branch.

About the three test failures, if you have any hints feel free to let me know :-), You will find the complete stack at the end of the email. Failed tests are the following:
  • testIDToEditPartRegistry(org.eclipse.gmf.tests.runtime.diagram.ui.logic.DiagramGraphicalViewerTests)
  • testCopyToImageUtilTest_SVG(org.eclipse.gmf.tests.runtime.diagram.ui.render.util.CopyToImageUtilTests)
  • test_nullUndoContext(org.eclipse.gmf.tests.runtime.common.ui.action.actions.global.GlobalUndoActionTest)
For GMF Tooling, I noticed there is no target platform set in the running platform of the Tycho tests. So everything that uses PDE is failing. But I don't think you' have this case for GMF-Runtime.
Also, maybe when running these tests, you have from 3rd-party bundles that affects the execution of your test.

To have an equivalent build with Tycho than the mysterious current, we need to:
  • Create update sites
  • Generate documentation
Take a look at what is in the GMF Tooling build. There is a maven-javadoc-plugin for documentation, and update-sites are built very easily by creating the right module and the pom.xml for it.
IMHO, you should benefit of this move to clear the update-sites and focus on delivering only a good one.

I planned to add some quality check like Findbugs/Eclemma or Sonar.
Forget EclEmma, use Jacoco. It is quite easy to set up, and the team behind EclEmma now officially encourages to use Jacoco.
As concluded in bug 360935 , using Sonar is not that convenient until the Foundation hosts an instance of Sonar. But it is quite easy to set up. I'd advise you to lobby with me on that bug to get an instance of Sonar at Eclipse.org ;)

And vote for that EclipseCon proposal: http://www.eclipsecon.org/2012/sessions/get-ready-fight-your-technical-debt-tycho-sonar-and-jacoco

Mickael Istria
R&D Engineer, Eclipse Plug-in RCP Developer

PetalsLink - Open Source SOA

My blog - My Tweets

Back to the top