Re: [gmf-dev] Adding a new target milestones for bugzilla -- help needed

If the projects will all share the same milestones, it might be easier to keep them as a single product. But if they're going to all have separate milestones and truly be managed separately, you should probably go for separate products.

HTH,

Wayne

On 10/18/2011 12:41 PM, Michael Golubev wrote:
Hello,

I submitted a bugzilla #361234 [1] and got the following response:

--- Comment #1 from Eclipse Webmaster <webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxx> 2011-10-18 09:56:49 EDT ---
Since GMF-Tooling exists only as a component of the GMP project it doesn't have
it's own set of milestones etc., as they all come from the 'parent' GMP
project.
There are 2 options for 'fixing' this:
1) Break out GMF-Tooling into a product of it's own(but this may lead to some
data loss as milestones etc. don't always cleanly translate)
2) Become a committer on GMP.
#1 is our preferred choice(since every project is entitled to be a 'product'),
but I suggest you talk to the GMP PL and the Modeling PMC, just in case they
have some specific concerns(that we can hopefully address) about this.

Anthony, do you have any objections to the #1?
I obviously don't have any specific preferences here and may equally well accept any of the options.

Regards,
Michael