[gmf-dev] Request approval to rename features (suffix IDs by .feature)

Hi all,

In order to have a working Tycho build, it is necessary that the project does not contain 2 artifacts with the same name. But this is currently the case with several features and plugins with same name (default branding plugin) for a feature.
To fix this and go ahead with Tycho, I locally renamed all features to suffix them with .feature. Then org.eclipse.gmf.tooling feature is now named org.eclipse.gmf.tooling.feature, and the org.eclipse.gmf.tooling remains unchanged. Same thing for the other features.

What do you think about that? I'd like to commit my progress but such a renaming is something that deserves some brainstorming.
And also, do you have any idea of which files I should change in current builder to follow those renamings?

Mickael Istria
R&D Engineer

BonitaSoft - Open your processes
email : mickael.istria@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Best Eclipse Modeling Tool 2011

This message and any attachment (the "message") is intended solely for the addressees and is confidential. If you receive this message by mistake, please delete it and notify the sender immediately. Any use not in accordance with its purpose, any out-spread or disclosure, either as a whole or partially, is prohibited except with formal approval. Internet cannot guarantee the integrity of this message, therefore BonitaSoft will not be liable for the message if modified.

Back to the top