Re: [gmf-dev] GMF Tooling missed M7

On May 5, 2011, at 7:17 AM, Anthony Hunter wrote:

The builds I manage have two web pages provided by the Common Modeling Build, a start a build page and a promote a build page. I am not moving any of the builds I manage until the N different build systems provide similar capabilities. No doubt a bunch of developers are going to reply to this email telling me how great their build is. Hopefully we can all document our builds on the wiki so we can verify the technology and then we can have a conversation about all the modeling projects moving to the same build technology again so we can help each other. I am the only committer on the Common Modeling Build, so I am maintaining it to make sure it works. This is not enjoyable.

I won't say that my build is great, but just that it "sucks less". ;) I think Buckminster works well for complex projects with a lot of dependencies and different build targets / issues, etc.. But build support still takes a lot of effort, no doubt about it. I would love to have all of the time back that I've spent on this. The good news is that there are now some decent examples to follow and patterns that are emerging for both solutions, Maven/Tycho and Buckminster.

Back to the top