Re: [gmf-dev] GMF Tooling in Indigo? (was: GMF Tooling Committers)

Hi Mikael,

 I can hardly estimate how much time this would take, and honestly, I'd prefer not to find out the answer myself ;). However, I can tell for sure it's not like 'most requirements are done and do not require any extra effort'. First of all, there's a requirement to track cross-project dev list (and be ready to react to relevant issues; and being able to tell relevant from irrelevant, which requires certain dedication to the cross-project topic).

 Another very important aspect is to ensure the project "does no harm" - i.e. one has to download (install from p2 repo) various installations, check they are installed correctly, run different scenarios, make sure actions are there, capabilities are reasonable, editors do not conflict and a lot of other things. And this is an activity one has to do few times during the release cycle.

 One more example - from time to time, there are new plug-ins get added, and one needs to make sure they follow guidelines, get a copy of about file, etc.With few accountable developers this might not be a big issue, nevertheless, the sad reality is one needs to pay attention to (and control) all these bloody details.

 Of course, none of these is really an obstacle. It's just not too much fun for me personally, especially when I left as a sole developer for the project ;) If you can cope with doing non fun stuff in addition to coding, it's just perfect! ;).

Best wishes,
Artem Tikhomirov