[gmf-dev] Re: GMF Roadmap

Hi Mariot,

In terms of my Runtime team, we are in a similar position, focusing on small features and bug fixes. So we did not really have a roadmap for Helios. Our team is winding down for Helios so I am pretty sure we are focused on defect fixing until release.

If you would like to work on copy/paste and outline that would be awesome. I will note that we used the GMF Generation for one of our editors and copy/paste did not work for us out of the box. Our diagram is canonical however, so we were not sure if the generation was supposed to handle this out of the box.

A note that we are close to M6 which is API freeze and M7 is supposed to be feature freeze. We have bended the rules in the past to make sure a late feature that provides value gets into the release however.

p.s. I CCed GEF-DEV so everyone is aware.

Cheers...
Anthony
--
Anthony Hunter mailto:anthonyh@xxxxxxxxxx
Software Development Manager

Inactive hide details for Mariot Chauvin ---2010/02/19 08:59:14 AM---Hi Artem and Anthony,Mariot Chauvin ---2010/02/19 08:59:14 AM---Hi Artem and Anthony,

Mariot Chauvin <mariot.chauvin@xxxxxxx>

Artem Tikhomirov <artem.tikhomirov@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Anthony Hunter/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA

Goulwen Le Fur <goulwen.lefur@xxxxxxx>

2010/02/19 08:59 AM

GMF Roadmap

Hi Artem and Anthony,

I would like to initiate a discussion about your plans for GMF future releases.

On our side, Obeo, we currently only plan to work on runtime stability and quality with corrections and small enhancements.
We see 2 categories to focus on : copy/paste and outline.

Following is a list of potential interesting bugs related to them :

[Copy/Paste]

138255 [CopyPaste] Support heterogeneous selections in copy/paste framework
176007 Edit/(Duplication | Copy&PasteDuplication) corrupts notation model
266135 Duplicate action cannot be undone
295295 Out of memory Error copying large diagrams
263226 [CopyPaste] Copy action does not work anymore
155557 [CopyPaste] Copy Paste GlobalActionHandlers erroring out
156614 [CopyPaste] Improvements to CopyingResource
161428 [CopyPaste] Logic Diagram: LED terminals shift with multiple cut-paste operations.
167084 [CopyPaste] PasteCommand always returns OK command result
239299 [CopyPaste] Support user specified location for copy/paste
179741 [Commands] Allow copy/paste from/to compartments
229756 Copy and Paste Broken
259311 cannot paste object while another object is selected
259312 pasting from context menu ignores location

[Outline]

123661 [OutlineView] Geoshape are not visible in the outline tree view when present on a logic diagram
269528 Diagram tree-outline NOT visible
236738 [RulersGrid] Outline view should not show grid
259188 DiagramOutlinePage's overview performance
110842 [OutlineView] Outline View cosmetic issues in tree mode for Logic and Geoshape diagrams
206778 Provide a model oriented Outline View
219473 Extract DiagramEditor.DiagramOutlinePage to a separate class for future extensions by generated code
269528 Diagram tree-outline NOT visible -

Have you comments about that ?
What is/will be in the roadmap on your side ?

Best regards,
Mariot

GIF image

GIF image