[gmf-dev] Re: GMF Build Status

>  1) No JUnit tests are in the GMF build right now.

FYI, see: /cvsroot/modeling/releng-common/templates/*releng/builder/tests/*
and/or what's in GEF's .releng.

See also:

http://wiki.eclipse.org/Modeling_Project_Releng/Plugin_And_Feature_Files#Tests_Plugin_.26_Feature
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Modeling_Project_Releng/Building#Testing_Problem_FAQ

>  2) The Build Dependencies list in the build output above is broken

If you mean the list / links are screwed, don't worry. The reason for
that is that because of network problems (bug 224928 & bug 209855)
between download.eclipse.org and emft.eclipe.org, I had to manually
download the zips and put them on emft.eclipse, and use the
http://emft.eclipse.org/downloads/... URLs instead of the normal ones.
Because of this, the links don't follow the standard path patterns,
and thus aren't being listed correctly.

If you use the actual URLs from download.eclipse.org this should work fine, eg:

http://emft.eclipse.org/modeling/gmf/downloads/?showAll=1&hlbuild=I200803241822&sortBy=date&project=gmf#I200803241822

According to those bugs, emft.eclipse.org should now be able to
download from download.eclipse.org again, so please give it a whirl
with the latest I builds on download.eclipse. If it's still pooched, I
can provide a short-term workaround -- but please comment in the above
bugs so Denis is aware of the ongoing snafu.

See http://wiki.eclipse.org/Modeling_Project_Releng/Releasing#Promoting_A_Build

>  4) We need to migrate the "old" stuff on download.eclipse.org to the new
>  modeling format (like emft.eclipse.org).

To make the new downloads page list the old zips, just copy them into
subfolders (eg.,
/modeling/gmf/gmf/downloads/drops/2.1.0/S200804011234/*.zip), as we
did for GEF. Once everything is migrated (eg., after M6 is released in
two weeks), we can replace the old downloads page with a pointer to
the new one and remove the duplicate zips (or move them to
archive.eclipse, if you'd prefer).

>  5) We need to test the update-site and Ganymatic

promoteToEclipse.sh will generate a gmf.sc file, but there might be a
wrinkle if it decides to produce a gmf-gmf.sc file instead -- let me
know if it does, I can fix that. If you contribute more than the
standard two features (runtime, sdk) then look at the examples here:

http://wiki.eclipse.org/Modeling_Project_Releng/Releasing#Contributing_To_Ganymede_Update_Site

6) Database metadata: release notes, search cvs, homepage "build news" box, etc.

I can handle getting that in place once the first common-build GMF
build is published. Or, if people (Max? Rich? Anthony?) want to learn
what to do, I can walk them thru the process and support them as they
do it themselves (it's a one-time setup w/ some minor maintenance
should anything go awry). I'm happy to share the pain or cushion you
from it, as you'd like. :)

Nick

Back to the top