[gmf-dev] Placement of Connector Label

Hello, We have a GMF Editor with nodes and connectors . GMFEditor.bmpWe have enclosed our current editor snapshot for your reference As shown in the above figure the requirement is placing the Provider and Requestor names inside the rectangle behind the decorators. The user shouldnt be able to move the Labels. We had look into the LabelLocator and did understand the flow of the code and method calls but just a little skeptical about what to change and where ... From the method calls it was very clear that we need to handle the algorithm changes in PointListUtilities class ...calculatePointRelativeToLine() and LabelHelper class.....relativeCoordinateFromOffset(...) because we realised that these two methods define the location of the label and the location of the dotted connectors that link it to the points on the line. Please do help us out to know if our understanding is in the right direction and if so then where should we change the code to get the expected output. Looking forward for your support. Thanks in advance. Regards, Shwetha

Sent from the Eclipse GMF - Dev mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

Back to the top