[gmf-dev] Modeling Project Committer Policies: Committer Removal Policy

Hi Team,

The Modeling Project Committer Policies has been posted to
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Modeling_Project_Committer_Policies

The part that affects the IBM GMF team is the Committer Removal Policy.

Two of our IBM GMF developers have become inactive, I will follow up

http://dash.eclipse.org/dash/commits/web-app/active-committers.cgi?project=modeling.gmf

Cheers...
Anthony
--
Anthony Hunter mailto:anthonyh@xxxxxxxxxx
Software Development Manager: Eclipse Open Source Components

----- Forwarded by Anthony Hunter/Ottawa/IBM on 18/07/2007 11:19 AM -----
|------------>
| From:      |
|------------>
|------------>
| Date:      |
|------------>
  |18/07/2007 05:43 AM                                                                                                                               |
|------------>
| Subject:   |
|------------>
  |Re: [modeling-pmc] Call summary - 17 July 2007                                                                                                    |

I added maternity and sick leave as other notable exceptions to the 9 month
time frame.  Note that the verbiage of our policy is different than WTP's
in
that it says the 9 month period will only flag the attention of the Project
Lead/PMC, not automatically revoke Committer rights for an individual.

Best,
Rich

On 7/17/07 8:13 PM, "Ed Merks" <merks@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Rich,
>
> My one and only concern would be that someone taking maternity leave
ought
> to be exempt while on leave.
>

> Ed Merks/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA
> mailto: merks@xxxxxxxxxx
> 905-413-3265  (t/l 969)
>

>              Richard Gronback
>              <richard.gronback
>              @borland.com>
>              Sent by:                  PMC members mailing list
>              modeling-pmc-boun         <modeling-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>              ces@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
>              07/17/2007 11:34          Re: [modeling-pmc] Call summary -
>              AM                        17 July 2007
>

>              Please respond to
>                 PMC members
>                mailing list
>              <modeling-pmc@ecl
>                  ipse.org>
>

> Please review:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Modeling_Project_Committer_Policies

> I modified it a bit from the WTP one, per our discussion on the call.
>
> Thanks,
> Rich
>

> On 7/17/07 4:43 PM, "Richard Gronback" <richard.gronback@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>
>       Hello,
>
>       Apologies for the poor quality audio on today?s call.  I?ve copied
>       Bjorn to let him know right away that we found the Asterisk
>       Conference Call service to be largely unusable.  In particular, we
>       had trouble communicating with Jean in France, who was the one we
>       were most hoping to accommodate by using the service.  Also, we had
>       bad echo and fading.  I?m sure there are some tips/tricks we need
>       take advantage of, if we decide to use it again.  Bjorn, have
others
>       had success with it?
>
>       A summary of each point from our agenda:
>
>             Most agreed the basic policy for Committer removal followed
by
>             WebTools is appropriate for our use in Modeling.  Rich will
>             create a Wiki with the policy for review by the PMC.
>             Ganymede: we?ll at least do as much as we did for Europa, and
>             continue toward common build infrastructure, etc.  We may
also
>             want to have a Modeling package added to EPP, and do what we
>             can to at least appear more unified/integrated.  Rich will
>             update the Modeling plan for Ganymede.
>             Most agreed that there is not likely to be much gained by
>             having the Foundation vote on OMG matters on our behalf, as
>             most contributors to Modeling are members and vote anyway.
On
>             the topic of coordinating with the modeldriven.org folks,
we?ll
>             look to meet with them at ESE, if not before (Jean might have
>             proposed something else, but it was too hard to hear him).
>             By the time we got to the Declarative QVT component proposal,
>             believe it was down to just Ed and I on the ?call?.  Neither
of
>             us see any issues with the proposal, consider Compuware to
have
>             resigned from the component, and are happy to have it picked
up
>             by another team.
>
>       Please comment on this summary with anything I?ve forgotten or got
>       wrong.
>
>       Thanks,
>       Rich
>

> --