[gmf-dev] Diagram Printing Mark II

Greetings, GMF-lings,

I would like to contribute some enhancements to GMF's diagram printing capabilities, in particular to implement printing on Linux and Solaris platforms (and, hopefully, Mac) in addition to today's Windows support.  This work would be a good opportunity also to fix some other outstanding issues, most notably the inability to preview a subset of the printing options.  This could involve anything from simply fixing up the Windows native code and adding platform-specific fragments for the other platforms or, preferably, redesigning the printing subsystem as a pure-Java solution relying on SWT's multi-platform printing.  Possibly it would end up being some combination of the two.

To track the requirements, design, and overall progress of this work, I have raised Bug 196834.

Please comment on this bug if you have requirements to add, suggestions to offer, etc.  My intention is that I could complete this work in the 2.1 release.

Cheers,

Christian

Christian W. Damus
Component Lead, Eclipse